Eid 2013

Eid should be the happiest day of all for every Muslims. Well that's how it's supposed to be anyway. This year I have every reason to cheer and look forward for Eid. New job, steady income, bonus, happy & healthy family. It was good all round. Alhamdulillah.

I applied for leave starting from Raya eve until 6 days later. My wife however had to work until the very last day so we didn't get to leave town until she finishes work that day. But it's okay. The important thing is we get to go home and celebrate Eid/Raya with our family and loved ones. Better late than never. Our kids had gone home a week earlier with their aunt who came by to pick them up here just so that they could spend a little more time with their grandparent. Travelling home on Raya eve has it's advantages. For once, traffic was not so bad because many people had gone home already, gradually since last weekend. After a couple of stops including dinner somewhere in Kuala Lipis, we arrived safely in Pasir Mas a little after midnight from a 10 hours journey.

Celebrating Eid in my hometown in Pasir Mas is always special to me. It's where I always celebrated Eid since as long as I know, before I got married and took turn to celebrate it in Tanah Merah as well with my wife. Raya morning has that special kind of magical feeling so to speak. Something that I could not explain with words and just experience it every year on 1st of Syawal.

We had the same routine as always. Pray at the mosque, go visit the deceased at the cemetery and come home to feast and ask forgiveness amongst our family members. Last year I can't even afford to give out Raya monies to my nephews and nieces which is totally embarrassing for a 32 year old guy like me. This year, thankfully I get to give them out gleefully to everybody, parent and grandma included.

Third day of Raya, I went to meet my father and stepmother in Kota Bharu. Since he's got his own family since a decade ago, it's the only way we could meet. Although brief, it's great to be able to catch up and chat with your dad even for a while.

Overall, Eid 2013 had been very good for me. I get to go home without so much traffic and jam. I get see my loved ones and celebrate Raya without a worry in the world. It's only when you've been down to the bottom and crawl back up again only you realize how lucky you are and how grateful you should be. Selamat Hari Raya to everyone and Maaf Zahir Batin sincerely from me.


p.s:

Since I only get around 50 readers for every post nowadays maybe I should write here more and not worry what other people think? It's not like anybody leaves comments anymore, right?