Nasi Lemak Maybank Sea Park

Today I feel like having nasi lemak for dinner. Not just any typical nasi lemak but something special. So I searched around on the interweb and found a few well-recommended nasi lemak place including this one near Sea Park in Petaling Jaya.

The official name for this stall is Bumbung P.J Ibumie but they're also well-known as Nasi Lemak Maybank and Nasi Lemak Bumbung. The setting is entirely outdoor so I presume the business will be affected when it rains. They open from 6:00 in the evening until late at night. I took my family to sample their famous nasi lemak with fried chicken. The verdict: I like the nasi lemak but the sambal is not spicy at all. I prefer my sambal hot, the hotter the better. The fried chicken was ok too. My son Adam Farihin accidentally (as always) tipped over his newly served drink but they offered to replace the drink for free which is cool. You can find Nasi Lemak Maybank in Sea Park near Petaling Jaya next door to the Maybank branch there. Just set your GPS to Sea Park or find Maybank Sea Park on Foursquare.

A little caveat, the stall is located right next door to a Bak Kut Teh restaurant so if you're ultraconservative you should bear that in mind. I'm sure they don't mix things up or share utensils or anything but still I thought you should know that. Somebody commented on Foursquare that they add plastic bag while frying the chicken to make them extra crispy but I'm sure that's utter nonsense. They would be crazy to do that when the kitchen area is open for all to see. Overall I'd give the food 3 out of 5 stars.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment