Best TV series of 2023

Back by popular demand (nobody asked really), here are the best TV series that I've watched in 2023.


Derry girls



Derry girls came out in 2018 and features only 3 seasons and 19 episodes but boy what good episodes those 19 are. Set in Londonderry (Derry), Northern Ireland, a young girl and her cousin embark on many exciting adventures after they attend a Catholic girls' school in the midst of a national conflict. It's so funny, must watch.


The Last of Us



Are you tired of zombie TV-series? I know I am but what sets The Last of Us apart is that it's based on a popular video game franchise, it's zombies are caused by fungal infection (something new) and also starring one of my favourite actors, Pedro Pascal.


Better call Saul



Breaking Bad was easily one of my favourite TV series of all time so the spin-off series should be just as good, right? Actually watching the first 2 episodes for the first time, I didn't like it much. That's why it took me a year after the series ended before I started watching it again and grow to like it.


Silo



This Apple TV original is yet another dystopian series but with enough suspense, twist and turn that kept the viewers wanting more. Can't wait for season two of Silo next.


Ahsoka



Any Star Wars series will automatically make this list, no? Ahsoka is not as interesting as Mando or Obi-Wan Kenobi but it does feature Anakin and some missing back stories from the Clone Wars.


The Bear



If you think chef Carmen looks kinda familiar, it is because he played Lip in Shameless. In The Bear, Jeremy Allen White tries to transform a struggling hot dog join in Chicago into a Michelin star restaurant. Sounds boring right? But there's something about The Bear that keeps you wanting more.


One Piece



I'll be honest, I'm not really a fan of One Piece the anime but any silver screen adaptation of the popular series is worthy of a watch. This Netflix adaptation did not dissappoint (although some people can never be satisified) and I thoroughly enjoyed the first season. Just hope that it does not get cancelled anytime soon.


The summer I turned pretty



A cheesy teenage romance drama? Really Afif? I thought so too in the beginning but Lola Tung (Belly) is just so cute and before you know it, I finished the entire 2 seasons. Available exclusively on Prime.

No comments:

Post a Comment