Learn a new language with Duolingo



Live is short. There’s so much things I wanna do but with so little time available to me. That’s why usually spend almost every minute of my free time doing meaningful and purposeful things. I want to travel the world, climb many mountains, learn to play a guitar or speak new language. Now many of those things on my wishlist require a substantial amount of money. Not learning a new language though, thanks to Duolingo.





Duolingo is one of the best software or platform to learn a new language. It is easy to learn, accessible, fun and best of all totally free. There are over 27 languages to choose from, from the most spoken such as Spanish, French and Germany to less known languages like Hebrew, Esperanto and Swahili to fictional languages such as Klingon and High Valyrian (I kid you not).









Duolingo can be accessed directly from their website or used on their iOS or Android apps which are incidentally the most downloaded educational app on both app stores. Each subject are divided into several dozen modules which are further separated into smaller lessons which is just right since learners wouldn’t be too overwhelmed with too much information at once.




I made it an effort to do at least one lesson for half an hour every day. If I do it for several consecutive days I get a streak. And when I reach certain milestones, I will be rewarded with lingots which is their virtual currency. I can use these lingots to buy streak freeze or to unlock bonus skills for each language. As of writing, I’ve managed to maintain a 93 days streak which is 3 months in a row of learning Duolingo every night, not too shabby. I have finished all the French lessons which makes me 47% proficient in the language and currently at Spanish level 10. If you join now you can try catch up with me on the friends leaderboard 🙂






So what are you waiting for? It is now easier than ever to learn a new language right from your computer screen or smartphone app. It’s free, convenient and requires very little effort. If you need a headstart or cheat sheet for French or Spanish, I’ve documented all my lessons here and here so feel free to refer to them. If you need to know how to type accents or foreign characters, this website is pretty handy. You might not step foot in Spain or France ever but acquiring knowledge is never a waste and who knows it might even help you in school, college or work. Learn Duolingo today, together we can cure monolingualism.




No comments:

Post a Comment