Lenovo Tab 7 Essential review



This is going to be a pretty short review simply because this tablet sucks.

I had a budget Android tablet in mind when I stumbled upon the Lenovo Tab 7 Essential at an online store. Ideally I would have bought a Samsung tablet with S-Pen but those were too pricey. The Tab 7 however fits my budget perfectly at around 300 ringgit. It has the latest Android 7.0 software, LTE connectivity and also a micro SD expansion slot for good measure.



The first alarm bell was when the sales assistant warned me about this tablet being laggy. It does have only 1GB of RAM inside but I did not give much thought about his warning until I tried it for myself. And boy how he was right. Right off the bat, the tablet was slow AF as teenagers nowadays would put it. There was noticeable lag when I swipe between the screens and especially when opening apps. Coming from iPhone and iPads, the Lenovo Tab 7 was excruciatingly sluggish. I blame the MediaTek processor but mostly the measly RAM. Add that to the adoptable storage that I used with a micro SD card, the system performs even worse.



I tried to ignore the poor performance and used the tablet anyway for a while. I used it mainly to read eBooks and watch movies/TV series which were mostly adequate for such a low-powered tab. Playing games was simply out of the question. After some time, I grew tired of the overall lagginess of the tablet not to mention the occasional app crashes. In the end, I sold out the tablet barely two months after purchase.

Whatever you do, don't buy the Lenovo Tab 7 Essential tablet. Yes it is cheap but it's totally not worth it. You'd be better off getting a second hand Samsung tablet or a used iPad instead. Tablets with 1GB RAMs should be banned from the market altogether for consumer protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment