Samsung Tab A 10.1



Since I sold my beloved iPad Mini 4 Wi-Fi & Cellular last year, I’ve been yearning to use a tablet again. This time something with a stylus so that I could (hopefully) draw and jot down notes. When I finally saved enough money to get one, I set my sight on the Samsung Tab A 10.1 tablet with stylus.





As always, if you know me, I got a secondhand unit. I couldn’t think of a reason to buy a brand new unit when a used one would work just as well. Plus this one that I got was in near perfect condition. As the name suggests, this is a 10.1” tablet which is just slightly larger than a regular 9.7” iPad. Performance-wise, it was quite average. Not exactly top notch since this was an older model. One thing for sure, you can’t play PUBG Mobile on this tablet. Sure you can install it but the game play was excruciatingly laggy. Anything with moderate to high graphics is a no go.





If you can’t play the latest games on it, what do you do with this tab then? Well, there’s the stylus which was the standard Samsung-quality stylus that you would expect from them. If you’ve used a Note phone before, the experience is similar. Pressure-sensitivity is good, palm rejection works beautifully, all the usual suspect. It was fun scribbling and drawing with the stylus at first, at least in the first 2 weeks. After that you kinda forget all about it.



The 4G/LTE support is a bonus. Watching movies/YouTube/Netflix on the big screen was quite pleasant. However the big screen is also one of the major drawbacks of this tablet. It is definitely too big to carry around everywhere. A smaller 7” or 8” tablet would be ideal. Eventually, I stopped carrying this tab anywhere altogether because of the lack of portability. Sold this tablet about 3 months later.

No comments:

Post a Comment