Sony ICT 506 radio review



There is something exquisite about the sound produced from a Sony transistor radio. It is not too bassy or loud but it has that unique Sony radio sound that you can’t find on any other radio make or model. That is as far as I know of course. I have not owned or listen to too many radio models in my lifetime but the ones that I did never sound anything like Sony’s

The ICT 506 is powered by AC current as well as batteries which comes quite handy. If you want it to be stationary, just plug in the power adapter. Otherwise, fix the batteries.

The radio tuner is manual which provides that authentic radio tuning experience. You got AM and FM frequencies on this radio. There’s two big tune and volume dials on the side. Other than that, there’s the Off, AM and FM switch on the front.

Reception-wise, it’s pretty bad when you’re indoors. You’d be lucky to be able to tune in to more than a handful of stations on stereo. I had to stand near the doors or windows to get a clear reception. Maybe because of my concrete building but it’s rather disappointing because all the stations that I like have more static noise than sound. If you’re totally outdoors, the radio works fine.

And that is my short and simple review of the Sony ICT 506 radio. I love the sound that it gives, but the indoor reception, not so much. Perhaps the antenna could be longer or more powerful, I’m not sure how they work. It’s a decent transistor radio.











No comments:

Post a Comment