Podcasts I listen to

Think of podcasts as like radio shows but online and you can listen to them anytime, anywhere you like as long as you have an Internet connection. Heck you can even listen to it offline if you’ve downloaded the podcast on your favourite podcast app on your phone/tablet/computer. What’s more, producing and recording a podcast is so easy to do, practically anyone can do it. You just need to record your audio, create some basic podcast design and publish it to your preferred podcast aggregator, that’s it. The rest is your basic marketing reach and how serious you want your podcast to be marketed.

Now here’s a few of my favourite podcasts that I listen to. I usually tune in to them on my Apple Podcast app, whenever I’m doing long household chores or driving for a while. Sometimes you want to listen to something beneficial and educational instead of the usual music or radio. I don’t have too many podcasts that I listen to because I’m very picky about my topics of interest which include science and technology, education and sports (mostly Liverpool FC). Apart from podcasts, I also have two audiobook platforms that I occasionally tune in too so I’m not short of choices. So in most favourite order, here they are.




Daniel and Jorge Explain the universe.

I stumble upon this podcast purely by chance while browsing through the Apple Podcast app. I didn’t give it much thought when I tried listening to the first episode, explaining about exploding stars and how gold was made (fun fact:they came from exploding stars). By the end of the episode I was curious about the rest of the podcasts and started listening to more of them. Before you know it, I was totally hooked on Daniel and Jorge’s show and listened to every single one of their podcasts from end to end.

The show is super informative, educating you about science in general, most of the time touching on physics and particle physics which is Daniel’s job at UC Irvine in California. Daniel also used to work at the Large Hadron Collider in CERN, Switzerland. Partnering him is a fellow PHD holder/comic artist Jorge who accidentally draw comics about physics and science. Together they co-authored the book with the same name as their podcast. What I like about this podcast is the way they explained science and the universe in a bite-sized chunks, complemented with puns and jokes making it thoroughly enjoyable. Yes they do touch some of the technical and nerdy aspects of the science but they way the explained it, even a primary school student could understand them. In fact their listeners range from primary school kids to adults alike. I would definitely recommend this podcast if you wanna learn everything there is to know about the universe.




Star Talk Radio with Neil Degrasse Tyson

Neil Degrasse Tyson if you don’t already know is the pop star of science. If you can’t get enough of Neil on YouTube or TV, there’s his regular weekly podcast usually with comic Chuck Nice. As always, Neil’s podcast is very informative, teaching me things I have never heard of before or knew exist. That said though, I always skip the episodes where Neil talks about sports (usually American) or where he interview some random American artists or pop stars. Sorry I don’t wanna hear about niche subjects from usually dumb Americans.




Wvfrm with MKBHD

If you can’t get enough of YouTube superstars MKBHD on YouTube, you can always give his brand new podcast a listen. Like his YouTube channel, here Marques talks about tech with his partner Andrew Manganelli but for around one hour instead of 10 minutes like on YouTube.




Blood Red: The Liverpool FC Podcast

You know I’m a huge Liverpool fan and sometimes I want to hear the latest LFC news, gossip, pre and post match analysis, that sort of thing. There’s no shortage LFC-related podcasts out there but my personal favourite is Liverpool Echo’s Blood Red podcast. Here we have reporters and journalists from the local Liverpool Echo magazine talking about everything LFC.




Duolingo French Podcast


I am currently learning French on the Duolingo platform so whenever I wanna practice (ye ke?), I listen to their French podcast. Here you can hear spoken French made for intermediate learners with translation and notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment