Sony CMT-SBT20 review



I have always wanted this micro Hi-Fi set. When I was small, I remember my uncles having one of these radios in their homes. I played around with them and the sound that they made was really sweet. But micro Hi-Fis, especially those from Sony are never cheap. At least cheap in my definition. Even when I can afford them in these past few years, they were not top of my priority. There’s so much I can do or spend on 300 ringgit. Until last week that is. I got myself this sweet baby for cheap, secondhand.

The sound was just as great as I remembered them. No cassette players of course but there’s still CD player, USB playback and Bluetooth. Strangely enough, I can never get my iPhone or iPad and most of my Android phones to connect to this radio’s Bluetooth. Only my Pixel 3 with NFC does. As I get most of my music from Spotify or a bunch online radio streaming sites, having Bluetooth connection is vital. If I ever sell my Pixel, I’ll have to get one of those Bluetooth audio receivers to listen with this radio. Just like all previous radios that I have in this house, I can never get good enough FM reception indoors. The FM tuner on this is useless. And CDs? Whoever got those nowadays?

Although there’s much cheaper models and brands out there with similar quality, I will always choose Sony. And that concludes my short and sweet review of my new favourite micro Hi-Fi set.