Apple iPad mini 6 review



Getting the 8.3” iPad mini 6 is sort of a downgrade compared to my old 11” iPad Pro in terms of screen size. Ironically, the big screen size is one of the reasons I sold the iPad Pro. It’s just too big and heavy to be lugging it around everywhere, especially if you include the smart keyboard folio cover. The mini on the other hand is small and very portable. I could only afford a 64GB wi-fi only version of this iPad mini though because the 4G one costs a thousand ringgit more.



One major selling point of the iPad mini is Apple Pencil 2 support. I bought one for the iPad Pro so when I sold it, I can still use the Pencil with this iPad mini. Drawing and writing on the mini is just as good as the iPad Pro although you don’t get the bigger real estate like the former has. I love the new full-screen design and rounded corners. It provides a slightly larger screen compared to iPads with a home button. The USB-C charging port comes pretty handy for connecting to external monitors and supported external drives and peripherals.







The mini also comes with the new and powerful A15 Bionic chip. It plays most of the CPU intensive games and apps without a hitch. That said, I mainly use this iPad for media consumption, reading articles, e-books and the odd PUBG session. I do write sometimes but writing on a tablet like in real life is quite tiring.





I wish Apple would make a Smart keyboard folio for this iPad mini because I had to use an external Bluetooth keyboard to type on it. But I understand, this iPad is probably too small to make a full-sized smart keyboard folio cover.





I would recommend this iPad mini 6 if you’re looking for a compact and portable iPad to bring everywhere and you plan to write or draw on it with a second gen Apple Pencil.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment