Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin Mosque Putrajaya

Last weekend I brought my family to visit the Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin Mosque in Putrajaya.
This mosque just finished construction in August this year but it was already officiated by the King last month.
Like many people, I didn't know this mosque existed until my grandma told me about it yesterday. Apparently she got to know about the mosque from a documentary on TV and she insisted that we visit the place while she's in town.
The Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin mosque is the second mosque built in Putrajaya. Why anybody want to build a mosque just 2 kilometers apart is still a mystery to me. Maybe it's simply because they can.
Wouldn't it be nice if they can build a mosque here in crowded Seri Kembangan instead? Apart from the UPM mosque in Serdang, we don't have any other mosques to go to for our Friday prayers.
That said, building a mosque is never a bad thing and maybe they have their own reasons for doing so.
Although this mosque had already been officiated and open for public, I can see the place has quite some cleaning up to do. The floor is still rather dirty and the escalators are not working yet.
That said, I must say I like they way they design and build this mosque and I must commend the architect who came up with the mosque's plan. The whole building is quite cool even without any air-conditioning because the air and wind can blow straight from the wall-less corridors.
To get here, you can go straight to Precinct 2 near the Millennium Monument or you first drive pass the old Putrajaya mosque and go straight until you see the mosque on your right side.