New beginning

Not many people know this but I never finished my bachelor's degree studies which I took exactly 10 years ago for reasons only I and a few others will know. Obviously, I'm not so proud of that hence why I don't go telling everybody about it. But one thing for sure, it was one of the biggest regret in my life. With almost zero qualification, I had to rely solely on my slightly more than average skills to make a living. Needless to say I went through hell for quite some time before I get to where I am today. Doing odd and minimum-paying jobs, moving from place to place along with my job, making just enough to make ends meet and put food on the table for my family.

If I could ever turn back time, I wouldn't think of any other time but to go to 1999 and start all over again. Unfortunately I can't. But what I can do is look to the present and future to make things right again.


Which is why some time in March I applied to further my studies at Universiti Teknologi Mara in Shah Alam in one of their distance learning courses (ePJJ). And today I got my reply which is an offer to do a diploma in Information Management. I know it's not much but it's a start nonetheless. Why UiTM? They offer the lowest fees then the rest. Even cheaper than some private colleges.

Another thing I learned in life is if you don't do something to make your life better, you're not going anywhere. So this is me, taking action with my life. Next month I will be reporting to UiTM in Shah Alam to begin my journey as a college student again (wohoo!). I'll be damned if I'm going to screw this up again. Wish me all the best in my studies. I've even already got my pencil box, track suit and notebook ready since yesterday. Now I just have to think where to get that RM1124.00 to pay for my first semester fee. Maybe I should apply for scholarship like Saiful Bukhari, hmm.