2010 in review

As always, every year would be an eventful and interesting year for me. Lots of ups and downs which is the circle of life. Here's what happened in 2010.


I am still living in Taman Universiti, working at the same place I've been for the past 4 years. And of course we still regularly visits IKEA like any other normal family does.
My 3rd semester for IS 110 at UiTM starts this month. Aside from that, nothing much happens in January.


In February we visited iCity in Shah Alam. Parking was horrible but we did enjoy seeing the many lighted trees. I heard that you need to pay parking and entrance fees to go in there now which is why I'm not going back there again, ever.

We also visited Linda's sister place in Manjung, Perak. Before that a motorcyclist crashed into the side of our car leaving this huge ugly dent and a fortune to fix.

February is also the month my only brother got married to the girl of his choice. She hailed from Felda Besout in Tanjung Malim, Perak. All I can say is they're a match made in heaven, amen. Faiz is currently spreading the teachings of Islam with his tabligh team in Hong Kong, Korea and Macao.


Early this month I was involved in this big operation to transport and install a bunch of computers and servers from one location to another. The exercise lasted some 48 hours and naturally I had to sleep on the floor at the site office, for a couple of hours only that is. Not my first time though.

I took my family to Malaysia Agriculture Park in Bukit Cerakah Shah Alam. Had a good time watching the animals and plants and of course the 4 seasons climate house.

Add this to another on of the universe' greatest mysteries because my rear windscreen broke to pieces magically one afternoon by itself. No signs of vandalism so I suspect it's the hot temperature plus bad luck. Thank God for windscreen insurances.

We also visited our potential future home in Taman Puncak Jalil for the first time.


My wife no longer had to endure long distance and lengthy commute to her office in KL after she was finally successful in her application to transfer nearby to Seri Kembangan. No more going out early and dropping and waiting for her at the train station but of course I still had to give her a lift everyday to her new office.

Adam watched her first movie at the TGV cinema at the Mines Shopping Fair. I guess Iron Man 2 was to early for him.

Me, wife and the kids visited Petrosains at KLCC for the first time.


It took us 3 months but we finally managed to get through all the hassle of buying our first house. You have no idea the trouble and how much money we had to spend (and borrow) to purchase this house including furniture and a little renovation but we did it in the end.

I also started using an iPhone again. Still paying for that thing until today.


Home sweet home! We moved in late May into Casa Riana Apartment. It looks very empty now but somewhere in IKEA, there's a bunch of furniture with our names written on them waiting for us to take them home!

It was my younger sister Izni's turn to get married this time. We travelled home to Pasir Mas to help with the wedding. She's now expecting her first child.


Adam's final Sports Day at his kindy. We didn't win many games or activities this time compared to last year.


Took our Proton Savvy for service and finally changed the timing belt kit for nearly 700 ringgit. About time too because the mechanic said it's an accident waiting to happen.

We bought a new sofa bed from IKEA, you know so that our guests can sleep more comfortably.

I spent our Hari Raya (Eid) this year at my wife's place in Tanah Merah. Coincidentally the theme for this year was also red. Later that evening in Pasir Mas I was bitten by an aedes mosquito and showed symptoms of dengue. Thankfully my body was too strong for the virus so I didn't suffer enough to be warded. Still it was horrible being sick.


A week after Raya I got better from my illness and brought my family to Cameron Highlands for the first time. The place was gorgeous and cool and we had a really good time. Stayed at the nice MARDI apartment.


We held a small open house at our place just for our closest family members and neighbors. Man it was lots of work, open houses. As you can see, I got fatter and shaved my head again this month.


Went to Adam's little graduation and performance day organized by his kindergarten at Cyberjaya Lake Club.

Later that week we went home to Tanah Merah by train and left our children (with heavy heart of course) there to spend some time with their grandparent and aunts. We missed them terribly the whole time. This month happens to be my birthday too on the 24th :)


We finally changed our crooked rims and balding tires at this workshop in Klang thanks to my generous wife.

Later that month I sold my iPhone to get the magical and revolutionary device, the iPad.

After much work, we managed to get Adam transferred from Taman Universiti to this new school in Taman Desaminium which is closer to home. He'll be learning there for the next 6 years or so.

So that's how my year have been, not bad I must. Hopefully next year will be more awesome. Happy New Year!