One Buck Short - 10:04



they looked so smashing
he thought he's dreaming
the dress is glittering fly
the floor seemed silent
the lights shined violent
don't you let it go not even for a moment
all hail the queen she's the one for the summer

don't wake me up earth angel we're dancing
we're doing a retro
i'm dreaming tonight girl
don't wake me up
this is our love song

she seemed so happy
don't you worry
there's no way in control
she's a person not joy as
marty starts playing
johnny be good and the house is swinging
they took they first kiss and danced the night away

don't wake me up earth angel we're dancing
we're doing a retro
i'm dreaming tonight girl
don't wake me up
this is our love song
this is our love song
this is our love song
this is our love song

don't wake me up earth angel
the night is almost over
don't wake me up earth angel, not now

don't wake me up earth angel we're dancing
we're doing a retro
i'm dreaming tonight girl
don't wake me up
this is our love song
this is our love song
this is our love song
this is our love song

.............................................................

This song is so cool.

Before 10:04 if people talked to me about One Buck Short I would have said One Buck who? Yeah I've heard about the band but I just can't recall any good songs from them before. It all change a few weeks back when I first heard this song on Fly FM. I love this song just after listening to it just once. I've never heard of this song again until last week when it started receiving heavy airplay on both Hitz and Fly FM.



10:04 is definitely about the movie Back to the Future where 17 years old Marty McFly (played by Michael J. Fox) accidentally traveled back in time and inadvertently interferes with his parents' first meeting in 1955 and he must get them to fall in love before he goes back to 1985. The song centers around the night of the school dance (with the theme Enchantment Under the Sea) where Marty's parent (George and Lorraine) first kissed and fell in love. 10:04 PM is the time the clock tower was struck by lighting generating the 1.2 gigawatt of power required to send Marty back to the future with his De Lorean DMC-12 time machine.



I love Back To The Future and the school dance night is my most favorite part of the movie. Sometimes I wish I could travel back in time myself and correct a few things that I've screwed up in the past.Although I've listened to this song about 60 times already tonight I still can't get that 2 lines from the song. Well, that's the best I can come up with anyway since I can't find the lyrics anywhere on the Internet. Their music sounds very American to me but oddly enough their lead vocal sounds suspiciously British and it's just weird. But then again who am I to tell them how to sing right?

Bottom line is this song totally rocks and is currently my most favorite song in the whole universe. Check out One Buck Short's latest album Halal and Loving it featuring 10:04 and other hits like Fast times and Kelibat korupsi.

4 comments:

  1. 17dis song rly cool..!
    i love it..
    keep it up for 1 buck short..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much for posting the song. been searching for ages. bttf series is my fav! george mcfly is the best! lol

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ow gosh!!!! thx a lot... ive been dying 2 find this lyric n finally i found it thx!!!!! seriouzly this song can go far i noe even band from US would sing this WOW roXX song!! *_^

    ReplyDelete